Monday, December 12, 2011

Where art thou, oh Christmas spirit?

I can't find my Christmas spirit anywhere.

I've looked under the couch. I've looked behind the washing machine. I've peeked in among the stealthily hidden Christmas gifts and in the filled cookie tins and in the branches of the sweet-smelling and ornament-bedecked tree.


No spirit.
It's not dangling from the pretty lights around my desk. It's not hiding inside the cute triangular elf tissue box. It's not curled  up inside giant rolls of candy cane wrapping paper.

Christmas spirit, where are you? Only twelve short days remain before Jesus' birthday, yet you elude me. I can't find you, so please, please, please come find me.

Photobucket

1 comment:

MamaBrooke said...

You have a great blog! I love this post about CHristmast!

I have a blog as well, but I’m only able to update it when big events occur so I can remember them later in my daughter’s life. ☺

I am a freelance writer and I was wondering if you’d be interested in a writing opportunity I have for moms.

Email me for details: djforjesus@hotmail.com