And here, my Delicious Readers, are some of my family's answers. They are just hysterical!
1. Name five things you would take to a desert island?
- Hayley: helicopter, airplane, ship, cell phone, snacks
- Emma: dessert, private jet, extra fuel, a runway for the airplane, people to work the runway
- Scott: ice cream machine, cow for milk, Mom (heehee), multi-tool, sunscreen (Emma wanted to know how he would purify the milk. I want to know how Mr. Lactose Intolerant is going to eat all that ice cream without taking a b-load of lactose pills with him.)
- Kate: lots and lots of books; my iPhone with a solar charger; Daddy (heehee again); my bed and all its accessories (meaning blankets, sheets and pillows); Coke
2. You can go get anyone from the past and bring him or her to the present for one hour. Whom would you bring and what would you do with that person?
3. If parents could switch places with kids for a day or kids switch places with parents, what would you do?
- Hayley: Dolly Madison. She loved oyster-flavored ice cream. I'd give her normal flavors like chocolate to see what she thinks!
- Kate: Jesus. I'd ask him how to help people get along.
- Scott: Abraham Lincoln. I'd take him boogey boarding. (This is a reference to Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.) Hayley then said, "Would you really want to see that much of Abraham Lincoln?" Hahahahahahhahahahhahahahaha!)
- Emma: put Tabasco on your tongue (She's referring to a method of discipline in our household.)
- Hayley: bury all the dishes in the house in mud and make you clean them all
- Kate: I'd go to the beach and play all day! Boogey-board and build sand castles and not ever think about the time or getting home to make dinner or checking sunscreen on kids' shoulders or worrying about sharks.
- Hayley: I'd go back to when Mom was a little girl and kept dropping the milk. I'd give her a wagon to carry it in!" (She's referring to when my mom would send me up to the corner store for milk. Without fail, my little arms would get tired and I'd drop the gallon within feet of the same spot. Every time. Sweet Hayley wanted to give me a wagon! Ahahahahaha! I love it!) (Hayley also wanted to send my novel-in-progress to Jane Austen to get her opinion on it. How funny is that?)
- Emma: I'd send a Get Out of Jail Free pass to Rosa Parks. (Okaaaaayyyyy then. I don't know where she comes up with this stuff, but yay, Emma!!!! LOL)