Thursday, April 29, 2010

Blog Blocked

Hello Delicious Readers!

I'm so sorry for the lack of recent posts.  I've been blog blocked this week.

For one thing, I've overwhelmed myself.  Remember how I posted a couple weeks ago that when I do something, I tend to jump into the deep end with both feet?  Well, that would be true with my new, full-time writing career. I've joined two different critique groups and am taking a class on how to use social media to promote my book.

I'm loving it all.  I really am.  But I'm un-deliciously lost.  I didn't submit a new chapter to my lunch group because I needed to update some typos, but I can't find the packet the changes are on.

I didn't submit anything to my Thursday evening group because they had so many comments on what I'd previously given them, that I was nervous as all get out to give them anything else.

And then... the class.  It's a fantastic class and I'm learning so much.  But I also don't know what I'm doing.  I'm supposed to sign up for Twitter and link my blog to Twitter and Facebook.  But actually doing that has proved to be incredibly difficult.  I don't know what an RSS feed is.  I don't know how to set up a professional website for my writing.

I'm so confused.

And on top of all that, some pretty icky and intense stuff is going on in our family life.  It's occupying all my brain space and refusing to share with you know, writing thoughts.  And blog posts.  And completely basic things like why did I go into the living room? You all know what I'm talking about.

So send some hugs and some prayers my way.  I have a feeling we're going to need a lot of them in the next few weeks/months.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Aww Kate, sorry to hear that! You've got your own personal cheering section (of one!) here in Kalamazoo!

I look forward to your blog every day, and keep checking when there is nothing new in an almost stalker-like fashion. You're doing a good job, and it's ok if you're "blogged down" sometimes.

About that other stuff, in the prayer department, I've got you covered!!

Kate said...

You rock, Donna! And I'm so thrilled to see you commenting!

Donna said...

I wanted to comment before, but thought I had to have a gmail account...now I see I can just use my name, get ready!!