Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fun photos!

The San Diego Historical Museum is hosting a super cool exhibit about costumes from a local theater. I took Emma there yesterday and what fun!

I had no idea the detail that went into theater costumes. These amazing dresses must costs hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars to make. And the hours to design, sew, fit, sew, piece, refit, redesign, sew some more... wowwee wow wow.

Here's an example of a wedding dress made for a Shakespeare play (I think).

First mock-up

Second try

The final version used in the play.


Several costumes were tucked into dressing rooms for people to try on. A miniature stage offered a chance to become a star!

The dress Emma tried on was waaaaaay too big on her. And we couldn't figure out how to put all the pieces together. LOL

But here are some photos anyway of Queen Emma...







After her dramatic debut, Emma and I sat down at a table filled with paper and colored pencils to become costume designers in our own right. *Forehead slap* I should have taken photos of our drawings so I could show you. Oh well. Emma and I are very talented, if I do say so. :)

Photobucket

No comments: