Sunday, April 24, 2011

I can't wait for the Royal Wedding!

Prince William and Kate Middleton: Will They Honeymoon Down Under? | Kate Middleton, Prince WilliamFriday, 2am Pacific time.


My parents will be visiting and Mom and I will be awake and giddy by wedding time! Hhhmmm... I might have to make something wedding-ish to snack on.


Let's see... I could go the simple route and buy a simple packet of McVitie's biscuits. Yum-o!

Prince William asked the McVitie's biscuit company to create a chocolate biscuit cake for the wedding. It won't be the only cake, of course. That honor went to Leicestershire-based cake designer Fiona Cairns. There isn't a photo of the prototype (natch), but if you feel like checking out the royal frosting flowers you can go here...  http://www.officialroyalwedding2011.org/


And Kate's dress... closely guarded secret! I've read much speculation--some say it will have similarities to Diana's dress (gorgeous in the '80s, not so much now). Others say it won't be anything like it, but she might wear the tiara that Diana wore. Most agree that jewelry will be minimal.


Oooohhhh... this is so exciting!

I just had a marketing thought for the grocery stores/bakeries... wouldn't it be a great idea for them to bake super-mini wedding cakes? How many of us romantic women would splurge? I would, totally!

Photobucket

3 comments:

D said...

Kate, you are a girl after my own heart!!! I remember watching Prince Charles and Princess Diana get married when I was in 1st grade. I can't wait to see this!!!

D said...

I'm gonna leave another comment...did I mention you're a girl after my own heart and I can't wait to watch the wedding?

Ok, maybe I need to back off on the Coca Cola and Easter candy...but it's nice that someone shares my enthusiasm. Can you imagine trying to get some at my house? Dan and the boys are like, yeah, whatever. And BTW, you totally don't have to publish my comments (of course you know that). I just like to try to keep in touch this way, and let you know I <3 your blog and read it every day!!!!

Kate said...

Hey D!

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you!

I'll be thinking of you while I watch the wedding. We can share our enthusiasm long-distance!

Love ya!
Kate :)