Thursday, May 5, 2011

I'm baaaaaaaaack!

No, I didn't forget you Delicious readers. I just got busy. Supa supa busy.

Mom and Dad were here for a full week and I kept them running. I think I wore them out... LOL

We celebrated Mom's birthday on Tuesday with lunch at El Torito--her fave! A trip to the quilt store, several games of Scrabble, a steak dinner and a luscious chocolate cake rounded out the day. I think she enjoyed it!






Hotel del Coronado
Scott had a company-wide holiday on Monday and what a treat that was! While the kidlets studied hard at school, we grown-ups drove down to the Hotel del Coronado for lunch. Then Scott and I went on a long walk on the beach. It was positively delicious, I tell ya.






Yesterday, an unexpected treat fell onto our dinner table. Actually, it practically crashed our table to the ground!

I dropped Mom and Dad off at Dad's favorite restaurant for an afternoon drink. Mom called me about an hour later, telling me to come about 3:30 since the owner of the restaurant (an old friend) was providing dinner for us to take home!

Wait! It gets better! Here's what he ordered for us... a prime rib roast big enough to feed six of us, baked potatoes with the works, sauteed mushrooms, garlic bread, a huge antipasto salad and a medium pizza. Can you believe it? That's a TON of food to provide completely free of charge!

So here's a huge Delicious shout-out to Richie at Filippi's Pizza Grotto! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! The meal tasted heavenly!

Haha! I've been trying to finish this email for about three hours now. In those three hours, I've...

  • Reheated and eaten leftover pizza
  • Read three chapters of Nancy Drew to Emma
  • Helped Emma on her GS Bronze Award project (she made a Project Linus flyers)
  • Hiked around the neighborhood taping said flyers on mailboxes
  • Did a load of laundry
  • Straightened up the downstairs
  • Emptied and loaded the dishwasher
I do believe that any other news must wait until the morrow, Delicious Readers. Later!


Photobucket

No comments: