Sunday, April 17, 2011

What a crummy weekend.

I was about to say I want either a do-over or to erase it from my memory completely. But then I thought that if I got a do-over, I'd have to actually do it over again. There's one unavoidable part that would have to be done again and it was sucky enough the first time.

I hurt someone deeply yesterday. I didn't want to; of course not. The situation had to happen, but it ripped my heart out. Trust me, I agonized for weeks over this and it physically hurt me to say what I had to say.

Sometimes, there are no alternatives. And that makes me sad.

And before all that bad bologna (thank goodness for Oscar Meyer and their theme song--otherwise no one would ever know how to spell bologna, right?) went down, my youngest provided Scott and I with a preview of the netherworld.

For a full hour.

And within that hour... we grounded her for a full week. And she lost all computer privileges. And we couldn't go to the aquarium as we'd planned. And... well... you can imagine from there.

Then comes today. Started out with some bummer, hurt-my-feelings news. But......... it got better at church and when we had lunch at Chili's (my fave!) with friends.

Then the day totally tanked.

Scott and I took the girls to this amazing place with acres and acres and acres and acres of runnunculous in full bloom. I've been looking forward to this since we moved back to San Diego. And what happened?

The girls fought.

And whined.

And fought.

And fought.

And fought.

Now mind you, that was in the first 20 minutes. Minute 21? We left. We packed them in the car and drove straight home.

And Scott yelled.

And I scolded. Severely. And sent them to their rooms. And then went to the grocery store.

No fun.

NO FUN AT ALL!!!!

Tomorrow better be better, that's all I have to say. Well, no that's not true. I have lots to say; otherwise I wouldn't have a blog, right? LOL

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All I can think of to say is "This too shall pass." Thank goodness! Hang in there!