Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's still pouring bad news...

I finally heard back from the agent I met at the writer's conference last month. The one who was so excited about my book and said "I can't wait to work with you!"

Yeah, well, she doesn't want to work with me after all.

Who knows why? I only received a form letter via email saying my book wasn't right for their agency at this time.

I'm so shocked. I feel kind of dazed and confused, like I'm in a cloud of Vicadin... seeing the world, but not understanding it.

I certainly won't give up trying to publish my book. Of course not. Rejection is part of the writing game and I'm fully aware of that.

But I'd be handling it a lot better if she hadn't been so excited and positive when we met. She even talked about spin-off books!

It's my nature to be optimistic about things. I'm usually able to find the proverbial silver lining in just about any situation. I'm sure there's one here. I'm just too stunned to look for it yet.

3 comments:

Kidsncats said...

Hang in there, my friend. Things have to turn around for you soon! You have stockpiles of good karma waiting for you..... Thinking of you!

Mandajuice said...

Oh no! (I am just today catching up on about two weeks worth of blog posts). This sucks SO HARD. I think it might be one of those cases where it couldn't hurt to e-mail back and ask why.

PatriciaBWalker said...

Sorry to hear about the house and the agent. My brother just short sold his house here in GR and it went well. The mortage company agreed to take 30 grand off from what he owed. I received my first agent rejection letter on Wednesday. I have a feeling it is going to be a long road for me too. But I know we will look back on it and be so proud of our hard work. Hope it starts to look up soon.