A Child's View of the Job
Here is a student explanation of our homework policy.
Students should not spend more than 90 minutes per night on homework. The time should be budgeted in the following manner:
- 15 minutes looking for the assignment
- 11 minutes calling a friend for the assignment
- 23 minutes explaining to parents why the teacher is mean and just doesn't like kids
- 8 minutes in the bathroom
- 10 minutes getting a snack
- 7 minutes checking the tv listings
- 6 minutes telling parents that the teacher never explained the homework
- 10 minutes sitting at the kitchen table waiting for Mom to do the assignment
- It is not necessary to have the student's name on the assignment.
Long Term Assignments:
These are given the night before they are due. This explains the name "long term".
- It is a long-term commitment to time that begins at 9:30pm and ends at 11:50pm.
- It is important that the whole family is involved in the project. It is imperative that at least one family member race to Wal-Mart for poster board and that one family end up in tears. (This does not have to be the student.)
- One parents needs to stay up and complete the project. The other parent needs to call the school and leave a message that the student is out sick.
- It is not necessary to have the student's name on this assignment either.
Does the person who wrote this live in my house???????