Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Opinions on single serve coffee makers???

Having been a good girl all month by tracking every single penny we spend, I've noticed a few too many entries titled "coffee". Gotta stop that.

Now we know from experience that we can't be bothered to make a pot of decaf for Scott every morning. Sometimes he drinks it, sometimes he doesn't, all the time I end up throwing most of the pot away.

And I, thanks to my brother who first introduced me to the Starbucks Non-fat Mocha, only need a tiny amount of coffee. Certainly not enough to make brewing a whole pot worth it.

Thus, my idea about purchasing a single serve coffee maker.

I. Am. So. Confused.

I'm looking at two different brands. The Bosch Tossimo and the Keurig Elite. Frankly, I like the Tossimo better. And I had it in my arms at Target this morning and even paid for it. The sign on the shelf said it was on sale, but it really wasn't. I didn't want to pay $130.00. Too much, I say. Too much.

So I returned it right then and there and came home to do more research.

Tossimo apparently has terrible customer service and their units often malfunction. Kuerigs, which run $110, are apparently too loud and also break frequently. There's more variety in the Keurig coffee pod thingies than in the Tossimo, but I'm sure that will change. I don't really need variety anyway. I only like one thing. But I like it enough to want it fairly frequently. (Thanks a lot, Bro!)

Do any of you Delicious Readers have one of these single-serve coffee makers? Of any brand? Please, please, please let me know your thoughts. I'd love make a decision this week since they're on sale (except for the Tossimo, of course) at Target through Saturday. Thanks!

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

We just got a keurig and love it! I don't think it is too loud. And the k-cups are a lot cheaper if you buy them from coffeeforless.com

Kendra said...

If you only want to make one drink at a time, why not look for a secondhand espresso machine? THey are cheaper and you don't have ot buy the special pods, just regular ol' coffee that you grind extra fine. That's all we use in our house and have saved a bundle on not going out for coffee's anymore! I found our machine on Ebay for less than $100.

Allison said...

I just found your blog and want to say that we have a keurig and LOVE IT!!! It is louder than I expected but for the quality of coffee it is worth it. When we had to cut back for budget reason I will say that we went back to a regular coffee maker but that is because my hubby would go through 6 Kcups a day. GEEZ!!!

Kate said...

Thanks, everyone! Scott went back to Target last night and bought the Keurig. We could hardly wait till this morning to try it out.

Yum-o!! SOOO worth it!

Allison, I'm so glad you stopped by! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Kate :)

PatriciaBWalker said...

I use a french press, it works great and runs about 15 dollars.

Unknown said...

Nice coffee machine.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I love the blogging community too.