Friday, October 22, 2010

I'm nursing hurt feelings today

I generally don't have time to let my feelings get hurt. I'm more concerned with making it through another crazy day, week, month in my very blessed life.

The past few days, though, I can't seem to shake a few recent events that made me feel insignificant.

I guess individual slights can be ignored, but when they stack up like soup cans on a grocery store end cap, they tend to grab my attention.

I'm now filled with self-doubt. Makes me wonder if... well, I won't go into detail.

I achieved two important milestones yesterday that I hoped would pull me out of the mire of possible self-pity: I finished the final chapter of the novel I'm writing (still much, much more editing to do) and I ran for 11 minutes on the treadmill at the Y. (I've been working hard on that one.)

Yet the murky depths of despair still yank at my legs.

This is when you yell, "Kick, Kate! Kick!" And I will kick hard (with my newly stronger legs-hee hee) and rescue myself from sadness.

3 comments:

Prairiemaid said...

Kick, Kate, Kick!!! LOL Something always comes along to try to steal our joy. Just remember, "this too shall pass."

Relax.
Drink your water!
And have a great weekend!!!

m. said...

we all have times like this.
you will get through :)

enjoy your weekend.
xo

Country Wife said...

Hang in there, and remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent!

Whenever anyone calls you a name or tries to make you feel bad, it's usually an insight into the exact thing you do that makes them feel inferior to you.

Go get 'em, gal!