Monday, November 14, 2011

Shhh... don't tell anyone that I took TWO naps today...

I couldn't help it. Really. I tried not to fall asleep this morning while typing my NaNo novel.

Yes, I actually did fall asleep while typing. Scott found me snoozing away, laptop warming my lap and dog warming my side. He closed the computer, moved it and THEN WOKE ME UP!

Horrible man.

No, I'm just kidding about that. He is amazing and I adore him and he was entirely right to wake me up because I had to leave the house ten minutes later. (I drove up to Anaheim to meet a wonderful friend for lunch.)

So then I'm driving home from lunch and (imagine your eyes now following a trinket swaying back and forth in front of your face)... you are getting sleepy... you are getting sleepy...

I was getting very sleepy, so I dug out my leftover chocolate mousse cheesecake (heaven!!!!) and ate that to stay awake. Got home, kissed the kids and said, "I'm going to take a nap."

And I did. I slept for an hour before opening my computer to start playing word catch up. I stared at the last two sentences I typed wondering why they made so little sense. Then it occurred to me. "Ah, I wrote those while falling asleep." ROFLOL

Too bad those sentences didn't really work. I could have used the word count since I've made so little progress this evening too. But it's not for lack of trying. The dog was being insane tonight and it's really hard to concentrate when you have to get up to let him out (and in) over and over and over again.

I finally sent Hayley up to bed, turned off the TV and knocked out several hundred words. Progress!

Tomorrow is mostly wide open so I will be writing (not sleeping!) and by the end of the day, I'll be 50% of the way through NaNo, both in word count and day. Yay!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Kidsncats said...

Glad we got to have lunch (and cheesecake!). :)