Monday, July 20, 2009

It's not the make-up's fault

I'm a minimalist make-up wearer. A couple quick brushes of mineral wear powder foundation, two quick swipes of eyeliner per eye and a stroke of mascara on my top lashes only.

This past week, I was getting thoroughly disgusted with my eye make-up because I could not seem to get those annoying, ever present smudges off. Q-tips? Nope. Washcloth? Nope. Make-up remover? Not even.

In the bathroom at church yesterday, I caught a glance of myself in the mirror and could not believe that my make-up could be that smudged in the short time since I'd put it on.

I grabbed a paper towel and started wiping. Only when it didn't come off did I realize that the dark smudges weren't eyeliner.

They were the darkest tired eye circles I'd ever seen. And rubbing wasn't going to make them go away.

The total lack of sleep over the past couple weeks apparently took up residence in the bags under my eyes.

Lovely. Or actually, anything but.

Good thing this is a week of rest. I'll catch up on that sleep and look decent again in no time!

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: