Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Yippee! Yippee! Yippee! My baby girl is home!!!

It's been killing me not to post about this, but Hayley flew *by herself* to Michigan 10 days ago to visit Scott's parents! She had an absolute blast, but I missed her like crazy.

Today she is home, though!!

She looks taller and more mature, more self-confident, more grounded in herself.

I took this photo of her coming off the plane...

I know, I know. It's not a great photo, but you sure as heck can't miss that big, shining smile of hers! I wasn't too concerned about photo quality, more about getting that quick photo, then squeezing my girl!!!!

Here's a photo of the sisters together again! They're stuck like glue to each other now (and currently playing in the fort that Emma made in her room. She created it several days ago and refused to take it down until Hayley could come play in it. This has meant that Scott and I must crawl under blankets and around the bed, moving plastic tub lid doors, just to tuck Em in. LOL)So what did Hayley do for the 10 days??

Here's just a sample...
  • visited an elk ranch
  • mini golf and bumper cars
  • swam in the lake
  • learned to drive a boat
  • visited with her cousins
  • trekked to the lighthouse (twice)
  • made jewelry (beautiful bracelets for herself, Emma and me)
and the list goes on and on and on!

I'll scan some of her photos when I have a chance (yes, I know, I always say that!) so you can see her gorgeous smile.

We're just so glad she's home. Home just isn't the same without her!

1 comment:

Kidsncats said...

I LOVE the pics! How amazing that she's traveled cross-country all by herself! I'll bet she seems SO much more mature all the sudden! Maybe next summer she can fly down here and hang with Sammie for a week or so!