Tuesday, February 16, 2010

How could they?

I adore my Pfalzgraff dishware, but I am so frustrated with the gray utensil markings that I just can't scrub off. Even Pfalzgraff's specially formulated, specially expensive cleanser doesn't erase the marks.

So I started perusing the web for a replacement pattern. I looked at seemingly hundreds of patterns until I finally, finally fell in love with one.

Maidenhair Fern in blue by Martha Stewart...


It was mid-January when I found these, just a few days before I left on my three week travel adventure. Since none of us were going to be home to accept the shipment, I didn't immediately order them. Makes sense, right?

Wrong! Why? One word...

Discontinued.

Gone. All out. Forever. Never to be manufactured again.

Okay, so that was more than one word. The depths of my despair apparently needed additional words to convey its distress!

Macy's was the sole carrier of this dish set of Martha's. Every link I find on the web leads me right back to Macy's and that horrible, red "discontinued" notice.

I'm so sad. So very, very sad. If only I hadn't waited...

No comments: