Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Deliciously Reviewed: ecoSTORE products



Lucky me! I recently received two ecoSTORE products to try and review: Laundry Liquid and Orange Patchouli hand wash.

These are completely earth, home and body friendly products since they're all plant-based and non-toxic. In fact, the ecoSTORE's slogan is No Nasty Chemicals.

Considering Emma's uber-sensitive skin and Scott's allergy-ridden self, I kept a careful eye on both of them when they washed their hands with the Orange & Patchouli hand wash. I also watched for any clothing sensitivity alerts -- itching, rashes and discomfort -- for the three or four weeks I used the Laundry Liquid.

Results?


I honestly didn't see much of a difference in the ecoSTORE Laundry Liquid. The rash that constantly resides on Emma's chest didn't resolve, so I know it's not caused by the other laundry detergents I use. Laundry Liquid generally got out spots and stains just like other detergents and it smelled nice. I love that there are no chemicals, but since I didn't notice anything to make me saw WOW, I won't go to the extra effort of ordering online and paying for shipping. (I generally get great deals on laundry detergent at the drugstores anyway and frugality right now takes precedence over chemical-free products. Bummer, I know. I hope that someday I'll be able to pay more for earth-friendly products.)

ecoSTORE's Orange & Patchouli hand wash didn't really wow me either. It seemed a little thin compared to regular hand soap, but one squirt was perfect for a hand wash so consistency didn't really matter. Scott didn't complain that the soap dried his skin out or made his hands itch--YAY!  I can't see buying it, though, since it's regularly priced at $7.50 a bottle. If it was the only product that helped Scott then of course I would buy it. But other brands I can buy at Target are constantly coming out with sensitive-skin formulas that seem to work well for him.


Definitely check out their website. It looks like most, if not all, products are on sale right now, so if you're looking for plant-based, sensitive-skin friendly household and personal products, http://www.ecostoreusa.com/ is the place to go!

No comments: