Monday, December 6, 2010

Heehee! Super Shopping Galore!

How much do you think I spent on all these wonderful items?


Huh? Huh?

What'd ya think?

Well, let me tell you...

$6.

Yuperoos. $6 for 4 Zhu zhu pets, 4 boxes of Hershey's Pot of Gold chocolates and 2 boxes of Mini-Wheats.

So. Darned. Cool.

Here's how I did it...

CVS has Zhu zhus BOGO, plus there's a coupon for BOGO. So when all is said and done, I paid $9.99 for four annoying, mechanical hamsters that children seem to adore. Go figure.

But then... super couponer that I am , I whipped out my $4 off a $20 purchase (the register looks at the total before coupons and discounts), so my final price was $6 for all four hamsters. Yeehaa!

Then I ran over to Rite-Aid and boy howdy, was I ever excited to get there!

Those boxes of chocolates are on sale for $3.99 plus have a $2 Up Reward. There's also a $1 off coupon floating around the web, which brings the price per box down to a mere 99 cents.

But wait! There's more!

In addition to a Ginsu knife absolutely free (just kidding--had to throw that in, though, after my "wait, there's more" comment), Real Simple is hosting a $5 rebate with purchase of $15 or more.

And the Mini-Wheats? Probably my children's favorite food next to Peeps (Emma) and Jamba Juice (Hayley), are on sale 2/$3. With a $1 off the purchase of 2 coupon, that brings the price down to the cheap-o price of $1 per box.

So let me do some quick calculations...

I bought $86 worth of merchandise for only $6!!!!!

Yip-tee-do!

On the edge of your seat, ready to jump into the car and head to CVS and Rite-Aid to get these deals for yourself? Head on over to www.myfrugaladventures.com or www.southerncalisaver.com. Scroll through the amazing deals these awesome women have compiled and you'll find the current drugstore deals, along with coupon locations.

Have fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are feeling better!

Kendra said...

Kate! Thanks for your comments on my random blog posts. I had no idea we were such peas in a pod, hee hee. I have been keeping up with your blog via the reader, but it doesn't really allow comments, so I've sort of been lurking. I will try to be more "visible"! :-) Hope you are feeling better and getting ready for Christmas!