Monday, July 19, 2010

Hello from the newest residents of San Diego!

Phew! We made it!

I have to say that this was the smoothest move in the entire history of moving. Our driver was great; our crews were professional. Nothing went wrong and nothing got broken!

Woot! Woot!

It's taking longer than I anticipated to unpack and I've been trying to figure out why. I think it's because this house is a completely different layout than what we've had in the past. Our furniture just doesn't fit as well and we turn in circles trying to decide where to put things.

That's not to say that there's not enough room.  There is.  It's just a matter of figuring out what should go where.  Like all the random things... packing tape, extra boxes of baggies, the stapler... 

Ahhhh.... the problems of owning things... LOL

Anyway... here are some photos you might get a giggle out of...

Two-thirds of the way through Moving Day and we're exhausted!

One of our amazing crew members loading us up in Vancouver.

We think Emma's helping, but we're not entirely sure.
Is she playing or actually deflating the exercise ball as asked?

The second round of food give-aways. 
Grocery stores have a deliberate hand in the high-cost of moving.

Hayley, Official Photographer of Moving Day, somehow obtained a press pass. 
The driver let her on the truck, lucky girl.

The pile of packing paper is now taller than me. And this is just the kitchen!

On our drive down, we met up with our wonderful friends, the Larmon Family. Here's Hayley, with her soul mate, Samantha. They're 12 days apart in age and have an unbelievable amount of personality similarities. They've also never lived within 150 miles of each other, yet have still remained best friends since infancy! Cool, huh?

Here's a story that had the rest of us practically wetting our pants... Emma (in pink) and Savannah (Samantha's sister in blue) really didn't remember each other, but they hit it off grandly. While sitting next to a fountain to eat their ice cream, they found a penny on the ground and asked if they could go give it to the Cold Stone employees as a tip. I said, "Go for it!" When they didn't come out after a couple minutes, we looked around for them and saw them waiting in line. We seriously thought they were taste-testing! We all laughed and laughed and laughed. Turns out they didn't know that they didn't have to wait in line to tip the crew. ROFLOL!

Tomorrow, I'll write more on our adventures. I have any number of posts to write flying around through the word processor that is my brain. But it's almost midnight and it's time to dress my bed in clean sheets so I can fall asleep in cool comfort.

No comments: