Monday, August 17, 2009

I LOVE my car!

It saved our lives today with its superior handling. My minivan had a great handling, too, but I'm not so sure it would have been enough for what happened...

We were heading up to the mall this morning to do some school clothes shopping. I was driving happily along in the middle lane, doing everything a safe driver should be doing.

The right lane was ending and a car, for whatever reason, had neglected to actually get over. So they stopped. Yup, stopped. On. The. Freeway!!!! Hello???

The car behind that car had to swerve into my lane, of course, right where I was. I then had to swerve into the left lane. As I swerved, I glanced over my shoulder to make sure I wasn't going to hit anyone. Sure enough, there was a car in my blind spot so I had to swerve right back again into my own lane.

My amazing Santa Fe did exactly what I needed it to. No hesitancy. No resistance. Just staying right with me through the entire three second ordeal.

You can be sure the first thing I did once we were safe again was to say a prayer of thanks to the Big Guy upstairs. Then I praised my amazing car and I will continue to sing its praises.


I know I posted this photo a when we first bought the car, but I thought it appropriate to display it again.

No comments: