Thursday, November 12, 2009

Amazing, Fantastic, Unbelievable News!

Actually, it's almost old news, but since I haven't had a chance to share it with all my Delicious Readers yet, it's new to you. So I'm going to share it with you anyway.

But first, you need a little background...

Last summer, the company that Scott and I both work for ran out of money. Yup. Completely out of money. What did that mean to us? No paychecks. For four months. No expense checks. No nothin'. It sucked for all of us. Except for our credit card issuers. They were ecstatic.

Finally, after those four painful and bone-dry months, the money started trickling in again from various private funders; thus, the paychecks resumed. Now that's wonderful news and all, but it didn't mean that they were able to pay us all the back pay. All we could do was hope that someday the company could pay us back for the accidental "loan".

I bet you can tell where this story is going, can't you? :)

Yup, one year and six months after that first missed paycheck, we received all the monies owed to us. All of it!!! I won't tell you how much, but it was A. LOT.

Yip-tee-dee!!! Let me tell you, that was one happy trip to the bank! There was celebration in the D___ household that day!

And let me tell you, I feel so much better! Like six tons of bricks was lifted off my very sore shoulders.

Now if you've been reading Delicious as Pie for a while, you know what I like to say when huge blessings come our way. For all you newcomers (welcome again!), you must say it out loud with gospel-like zeal:

"Thank you, Jesus!"

1 comment:

Valerie Geary said...

Fantastic!!! What a relief!!