Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy National Novel Writers Month!

Or, because saying that feels like a chewing a mouthful of peanuts, you can call it NaNoWriMo. At least that only feels like a small mouthful of peanuts!

The object, should a writer choose to accept it, is to write a 50,000 word novel in one month. Yup. One. Month.

Honestly, that shouldn't be too hard since I am obsessed with words.

And I have a really good idea.

And I am super-excited!

Now, be aware there aren't prizes (like actually getting the book published) at the end of this mad writing session. No, it's all about writing for the joy of it. You may be writing crap. You may not be making any sense. You may mess up your staging and viewpoints and tenses.

But it doesn't matter because you're actually writing!!!!

I can hardly wait to get home from church (and cook and eat lunch, clean up the kitchen, do some laundry, separate fighting children, etc. etc.) so my first novel can begin its momentous life!

2 comments:

Valerie Geary said...

Yeah!!! I'm glad you're participating!!! Good luck and Have fun!!

Unknown said...

Go for it, Kate!