Monday, May 17, 2010

Coloring for moms?

Ever get tired of coloring along in your daughter's My Little Pony coloring book? 


I did. I loved coloring with my girls, but I remember distinct days in which I craved something besides simplistic designs of inane characters. Something besides the common colors of macaroni-and-cheese, carnation pink and brick red.


Finally, a solution!!


This afternoon, I came across a fantastic site: http://www.colorpagesformom.com/


If you can overlook the obnoxious plethora of advertisements, you'll find a list of subjects. Once you click on one, you can pick out the picture you actually want to color... landscapes, people, flowers, geometric designs, etc.


Here's an example:


So next time you're at Target or Wal-Mart, pick yourself up a super-size box of Crayolas (and keep it super secret so little hands won't destroy it).  


Once the kids are down (and actually stay down) for the night, print out a couple pictures, pull out your Purple Mountains’ Majesty, Tropical Rain Forest and Antique Brass and say good-bye to The Giant Book of My Little Pony.


Color your mama heart out. 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's why I love my dot-to-dot books for grown-ups even though all but the youngest grandchildren have used them too.