Saturday, January 23, 2010

Home Again Home Again Jiggedy Jig

My beautiful daughters were certainly doing a jig when I picked them up yesterday. Emma was in the back room and when she heard my voice, literally ran and jumped into my arms. She wrapped her legs around my waist and hugged me so tight! It was absolutely wonderful!

Hayley was a little more demure, but no less excited to see me. Neither stopped talking the rest of the night!

Now I'm home, enjoying the decorative touches that Scott felt compelled to add while I was away. He bought new curtains and throw pillows for the living room, moved the old curtains up to our bedroom and put new blinds in our room as well as in the dining room. It all looks fantastic! I'm really impressed.

I'm glad to be home and sleep in my own bed, but being in Germany was a great adventure. It was an unexpected pleasure to be responsible for no one but myself, to do what I wanted when I was alone (well, except for working) and eat what I wanted without having to share!

But having said all that, I'm so glad to be with my girls again. What about Scott, you ask? He's in Florida on a business trip. But we'll see him tomorrow. Hooray!

1 comment:

Kidsncats said...

I enjoyed reading your posts, LOL about all the food issues...yes, my MIL has eaten some strange things in Germany and sometimes she even gets us stuff from the German deli that makes us shudder. Since you cannot turn down food from a German mom -- we just feign thanks and stick it in the freezer for a few months -- then toss it....LOL...guilty, a bit, but knowing what it is made of...just NOT going to eat it! I especially enjoyed your pics! It looks like you did a fine job of mixing business and some sight-seeing!