Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Patience worn thin

You know the expression "Hurry up and wait"? Well, that's what I've been doing all day. All week actually.

See, the whole reason we're in Florida right now is because our company has moved their headquarters from Berlin to here and the grand opening is this Saturday. Scott, being the amazing, everyone-can-trust, go-to-guy is in charge of getting the office completely ready technologically.

Let's just say there's a lot to do. Way too much to do.

And everyone wants his help. At the same time.

So I wait. I wait till he's ready for lunch. Then I wait at lunch while he's on the phone. I wait till he's ready to leave the office. Then I wait till he can go eat. Then I sit in the restaurant, lonely, except for my iPhone.

Thank goodness for the iPhone with its Kindle and Scrabble apps.

We're just back from dinner (finally got there at 9:30pm). Scott had to make a call so I got a table and ordered. And waited. 20 minutes later, both the food and Scott arrive. Then he has to leave again. For another 15 min. Then he comes back, still on the phone. He wolfs down his food and I drive us back to the hotel so he can keep talking. And now he's on a webinar.

Poor guy. I really have nothing to complain about. But you, Delicious Readers, understand, right? I'm not complaining. I'm just out of patience.

It's bad enough to wait all the time, but it's equally as frustrating because I have to drop everything I'm doing the second Scott's ready. Talk about not feeling equal.

I knew this week away with my husband (without children) wouldn't be a honeymoon or anything, but still... He's not supposed to be too tired, if you catch my drift.

So now while he's on his webinar, I'm going to plug my earbuds into my laptop and catch up on a show or two that I've missed over the past few weeks.

Any shows you recommend? I'd love to hear what you're watching.

No comments: