Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Restless Leg Syndrome sucks!

If you've never experienced it, consider yourself extraordinarily blessed. Because it is absolutely, insanely infuriating!

It doesn't hurt, thank goodness. But it's that subtle sensation you get when you have to move. Except when you move, it doesn't go away. It just continues no matter what, no matter how.

And it always happens in the middle of the night when I want desperately to sleep. But if you can't stop moving, it's really hard to rest, you know?

Remember how I mentioned in yesterday's post that I couldn't sleep last week? Part of the problem was the meds, but another part was RLS. It was a wicked combination.

So I walk, I bounce, I stretch, I use heating pads, I take baths, I massage, I pray. And I stay awake. I research RLS online. I try all sorts of purported relief methods... drink lots of water, take iron supplements, eat molasses by the spoonful. (Don't even ask.)

And I stay awake.

I give up. I can't function on so little sleep. So I'm heading to an acupuncturist in about 45 minutes. If that doesn't work, I'll go to a chiropractor. And seeing as I don't really believe in chiropractors, that right there tells you how desperate I am!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool site you've got here. Thanks the author for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Best regards
Jeph Normic