Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hahaha! This is a different way to have communion!




Juice boxes for the religious! (LOL) Complete with a snack!

No, seriously, these are individual and disposable little cups of wine about the same size as a coffee creamer. But before you get to the wine, you peel off the first layer of the top to get to the itty-bitty, little wafer. Then you pull the rest of the tab off and drink the wine.

I've never seen anything like it before and had a hard time not giggling in church this morning when the basket was passed to me. They're so cute!

And so random. I guess it's a good idea in some respects, but I didn't particularly care for the communion method at this church. (We're church shopping, by the way.) Communion wasn't presented to each parishioner by the pastor, but sent around the room via a basket. Kinda reminded me of Offering.

I missed our church back in Vancouver and our pastors there that we loved. I missed seeing our friends and the feeling that we belonged. 

I know we'll find that again, but still... 

2 comments:

m. said...

haha oh wow.
how funny.

Country Wife said...

Oh that is too funny!!! I went to a church once, as a kid, where we got oyster crackers and shot glasses of grape juice.