Tuesday, August 17, 2010

So we move to So. Cal. and we can't go to the beach.


Well, let me clarify.  Technically, we can go to the beach. We can build sand castles, have a picnic and dig holes down to China.

But swimming? Off. Limits.

I, for one, don't want to share the shallow water with the Great Whites spotted just 50 yards off shore.

Nor do I want to have a face-to-stinger meeting with all the jelly fish and sting rays haunting the beaches.

The way I see it, these fishies are merely doing exactly what most humans do (or would like to do): they're travelling from their cold homes to a place they can get warm and enjoy the sunshine.

Makes total sense when you think about the cooler-than-normal temps this summer. Without the stronger temps to heat the water, their regular stomping (swimming) grounds just aren't warming up. Thus, they swim to where the water is more amenable to them.

Bad luck for humans that feel the very same way about that very same water.

And bad luck for my family 'cause we really wanted to go boogy-boarding.

1 comment:

Grizzly Bear said...

Oh no!..

Thank you for stopping by my blog... your comment was very sweet.

Grissell